Yard Waste collection begins the first Monday in April for 37 weeks and ends in mid December
Place compostable items in one of the following containers:
- Garbage can with a Recycle Beverly Hills or SOCRRA yard waste label
- Brown paper bag designed for yard waste disposal
If you wish to use the same can for trash, please cover the yard waste label.
Compostable Items include:
- Grass clippings and leaves
- Tree and shrub trimmings; branches; vines
- Brush, roots and small stumps
- Halloween pumpkins; straw bales
- Potting soil, garden soil, sand, and fertilizer
- Wood chips, small twigs, chipped trees
- Firewood and logs; wood ashes
- Garden waste; spent flowers; weeds
- Pine cones, seed pods, tree litter
- Fruit & vegetable peelings from kitchen*
- Clean fill dirt (no hazardous materials or construction debris)
- Sawdust and wood shavings
- Untreated, unpainted wood boards (2 x 4s or 4 x 4s)(nails removed)
* = apples, apple cores, bananas, banana peels, carrots, corn, corn on the cob, cornstalks, peppers, beans, kiwi, lemons, limes, lettuce, peas, oranges, orange peels, radishes, squash, cucumbers, pumpkins, pineapples, pineapple husks, melons, melon rinds, peanuts, peanut shells, mixed vegetables, potatoes, potato peelings, tomatoes, peaches, plums, pears, etc. - from the garden, tree or kitchen.
The following items are not considered yard waste
Meat, fish, bones
Noxious weeds such as garlic mustard
Plastics marked "biodegradable"
Oils and fats
Pet manure; ct litter
Charcoal from barbeque
Newspaper; paper products
Plastic pots or flats
These items are TRASH and should be placed in colored trash bags or 35 gallon metal or plastic trash containers manufactured for refuse disposal.
No plastic bags of any kind (from fertilizers, weed n' feed, mulch, topsoil, manure, stones, pesticides, etc.)