A permit is required for decks.
Submit site plan for approval by Village - must show the following:
- Lot dimensions
- Placement of house on lot
- Location of deck
- Indicate side yard and rear yard open space dimensions. Must be at least 5' from all adjoining lot lines.
- Decks may only be built in the rear yard.
Two (2) sets of drawings showing construction of deck to the Village of Beverly Hills:
- Size and framing of deck
- Type of lumber
- 42" footings or post holes and spacing
- How high is deck above grade: If 30" or more above grade a minimum 36" high railing is required with spaces less than 4" wide.
- Steps - Maximum riser height 8 1/4", Minimum 4". All steps must be of equal riser height and have a minimum tread of 9".
Unattached ground level decks may be laid over concrete patios with no footings.