Invasive Knotweed Treatment at Riverside Park
INVASIVE SPECIES TREATMENT NOTICE
The Oakland County Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area (Oakland County CISMA), through its fiduciary Six Rivers Land Conservancy, in conjunction with the Village of Beverly Hills hereby provides notice to the public and property owners for the control of invasive plant Bohemian knotweed (Fallopia x bohemica) in Riverside Park. Crews will be working at Riverside Park to treat the invasive species this summer.
Funding for this project is available through a grant to the Oakland County CISMA/Six Rivers Land Conservancy through the Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program. Oakland County CISMA is a collaboration of organizations to support functioning ecosystems and enhance quality of life through invasive species management (https://oaklandinvasivespecies.org/).
Bohemian knotweed is a highly destructive invasive plant that can break through house foundations, sidewalks, and other infrastructure, as well as having adverse impacts on native plants and animals. We want to stop its spread in your area. If you see knotweed, or have any other questions about invasive species, please contact Erica Clites, Oakland County CISMA Director (see contact information below).
Contracted Application Firm:
● Wildlife and Wetlands Solutions: 5211 US 131 South Boardman, MI 49680 231‐570‐4215
Schedule & Treatment Locations:
● Weather permitting, applications will take place the week of August 16, 2021 within Riverside
Park, on the eastern bank of the Rouge River just north of Riverside Drive.
Herbicide, Methods of Application & Re‐Entry Restrictions:
● Clearcast (Imazamox), Rodeo (glyphosate), Cygnet Select (dye) and Cygnet Plus (drift control,
● All applications will be foliar, applied by vehicular mounted hand spray gun equipment and by
backpack sprayer. The herbicide will be tank mixed.
● Do not enter treated areas until the spray has dried. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact:
Oakland County CISMA
2800 Watkins Lake Rd. Waterford, MI 48328
248‐660‐0716 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by the Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program (www.michigan.gov/invasives).