COVID-19 Public Notice (March 16, 2020)
March 16, 2020
Village Hall remains open for essential and scheduled services ONLY until further notice. In keeping with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, the State of Michigan, and Oakland County regarding mitigating the spread of COVID-19 the following protocols will remain in place until further notice:
- Water Bill payments should be left in drop box on your right or mailed in. Receipts will be returned via mail if requested. Penalties for late payment are being waived until further notice. Until further notice, no accounts will be shut off for non-payment.
- Passport appointments are not being accepted at this time. Residents needing passport services should contact the U.S. Department of State at 877-487-2778 or visit their website at www.travel.state.gov.
- All non-essential public meetings, including the Birmingham Area Cable Board, Parks & Recreation Board, Planning Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals have been cancelled until further notice.
- Regularly scheduled meetings of the Village Council will occur as scheduled. Attendance at the duration of these meetings will be kept as low as possible. Following the CDC’s guidance on maintaining 6 feet between individuals, only six members of the public will be allowed into the Council Chambers at any one time at the upcoming meetings. For everyone’s safety, the public is discouraged from attendance at these meetings until further notice.
- Any person wishing to make a public comment or to comment on any matter before the Board may submit their comments via mail, call them in at 248-646-6404, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Residents needing assistance with any Village service or with any questions should contact the Village at 248-646-6404 or the Department of Public Safety at 248-540-3400.
- Groups with reservations of the Village Council Chambers are cancelled until further notice.
- Building permit applications and inspections are still being accepted and scheduled at this time. We strongly encourage permit applications to be submitted via mail. Scheduling inspections can be done via phone at 248-646-6404. Anyone with a scheduled inspection who wishes to reschedule may do so at no cost. Permit approval and inspection regulations remain in effect.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times.
Chris D. Wilson Lee Peddie
Village Manager Village President