Village Office to Close to the Public (March 17, 2020)
Village Office to Close to the Public
March 17, 2020
To help slow the spread of coronavirus, the Village Office will close to the public at 12:00 noon today, March 17, 2020 until further notice. Village staff will be available to assist people via phone or email during regular business hours. Please call 248-646-6404 for assistance.
Building permit applications and water bill payments can be mailed in or put in the drop box outside of the front door. If you request a receipt, the Village will send it to you by mail.
The Public Safety Building remains open at this time. If you have any questions, the non-emergency number is 248-540-3400.
The Southfield Township Office is closed to the public, but staff is available by phone. Please call 248-540-3420 for assistance regarding taxes, pet licensing, Principal Residence Exemptions, Property Transfer Affidavits, or elections.
The March 17, 2020 Village Council Meeting is still scheduled to take place. You can view the meeting live on local cable television or stream it live from the Village website. Following the Center for Disease Control's recommendations on social distancing, there will be very limited seating available for this meeting.
Visit the Village website for a list of useful resources regarding COVID-19.
Please follow these steps to protect yourself against COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Call your medical care provider first if you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19.
The Village is committed to keeping our residents safe and informed. Please be aware that this is a fluid situation and we will continue to share updates along the way.